Monday, January 14, 2013

Blues...

Happy ones: roses on a navy blue silk foundation.



The designs are ones I have used before, just wanted to see how a dark(er) background would work.


Not bad. Maybe it is time to stop being afraid of avoiding dark backgrounds :)


Thank you, ladies for taking up on my invitation down memory lane, I really enjoyed reading each and every one of your comments. One of them was sent to me by e-mail, as for some reason Grace of Needles Pins and Dragonflies blog could not leave a comment to my previous post. The story she shared was so sweet and touching, that I asked her permission to share it with you, too:

"My Dear Aunt Lucy taught me to crochet when I was just about 7 or 8 years old.... she was patient and that summer, everyday I would get a small ball of thread...butchers twine really, and crochet my chain. At the end of the day, I would give it to Aunt Lucy and the next day start over again. At the end of the summer I asked her what would we make from the many chains I had given her. She sat me down and told me, that every day she would re-wind the ball for the next day. That what I had learned was to make the perfect chain so that now I could make whatever I wanted. I wasn’t even angry; for she did teach me to make the perfect chain which is the foundation for all that you crochet!" 

Thank you, Gracie, for sharing!


Wishing you all a wonderful week,


6 comments:

N. Adri said...

Annyira tetszenek a szalaghímzett ékszereid! Gyönyörűek, szépen kidolgozottak, precízek. :-)

Mãos e manias said...

LOve the blue background and the roses. Perfect!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

The dark background is perfect. It really leaves one to focus on your beautiful stitching.

gracie said...

Oh my...look...I am able to post today! Thank you for sharing my story....everyone should have an Auntie Lucy like I had.

Lee Albrecht said...

É bom saber que pelo mundo existem mulheres, que tem muitas histórias... e que são apaixonadas nos linhas e agulhas.

roseninouche said...

Puis je me permettre de vous demander les dimensions de vos pendentifs. Ronds et ovales.. merci ANNE Ils sont absolument superbes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...