Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fabulous First Timers no.17



I started working on it yesterday, here's my progress so far:


That cute hankie in the upper left corner spoke to me: it wanted the little bench I just saw in a new embroidery book I received from a dear friend. As you see, I couldn't refuse :) Also added some ribbon flowers and a trim which I embellished with beads.


Then I moved on to the pansy patch under the hankie, embroidering the leaves with two tones of green silk thread. I plan to finish my part on the block this Thursday and I hope Marianne will be happy with the result.

Both the bench and the leaves are things I did for the first time now. This is one of the reasons I am so glad that I signed up for this Round Robin: it really shakes up creativity, forcing me out of my square :)
Not to mention how much there is to learn from the beautiful work of my RR companions!





8 comments:

Shirlee Fassell said...

Lovely... Your work is beauitful.

Lee Albrecht said...

Fico muito contente que voce voltou a escrever! E esse banco no jardim está lindo!
Seu trabalho é maravilhoso.

Marianne S-M said...

Annamaria, Thank you so much! I LOVE what YOU have done to my block. You are so talented. Can't wait to see it in person! Hugs to you, Marianne in New Jersey, USA

Leki-Rita said...

Gyönyörű ♥!
:) örülök a betűknek

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Love the details you added! Beautiful stitching.

Cathy said...

Kedves Manya,
Your stitching is always csodaszep (where are my accent marks?!?), and this one is especially lovely! I wish I could sit down next to you and watch you stitch! Hugs, Cousin Cathy

Mosaic Magpie said...

That is a great looking bench. I need to find that embroidery book. I also like how you highligted the leaves. It is true that participating in a Round Robin or a swap improves your skills in so many ways. You can see other's work up close and you know other's will be looking at your work up close.
Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Mariann from Hungary. I found your blog recently. I like it very much!:) I really enjoy reading your posts and looking at your lovely pics.
Your works are really beautiful.

Szia!Mariann vagyok Magyarországról.Mostanában találtam rá a blogodra.Nagyon tetszik!:)Nagy élvezettel olvasom a bejegyzéseidet és nézem a csodálatos képeidet.A munkáid egyszerűen gyönyörűek!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...